Tourism in Val d'Isère
Val d’Isère Ski Area
Nestled at the convergence of two deep valleys, Val d’Isère bears witness to the eternal energy of its mountains : the legendary Bellevarde, the more accessible Solaise, and picturesque Iseran…All different and magnificent, each will inspire skiers to reach new limits. Encounter in extreme slopes, experience the many forms of snow, carve great turns on fresh powder, slalom through the forest, conquer the high glaciers, follow the sun to get the best snow conditions…You set the tempo while enjoying the exceptional surroundings.
300 kms (188 miles) of slopes, freeride itinaries, a snowpark, a high altitude and an oustanding geographical situation combine to provide something for everyone, including children and beginners.
A Village Atmosphere300 years of history have shaped the “Avaline” culture. The resort has a taste for wholesomeness and intimacy: tea rooms, wine bars, fancy pubs and cozy hotel bars. Luxurious boutiques, local products, fashion and sportswear shops...The extensive range of shops and restaurants offers endless choices at any time of the day.
Airstar and Night Life
From December to March, each week from 6PM to 7.30 PM the village is lit up with a thousand different colours thanks to the Airstar night light magic.
The village is transformed into a pedestrian zone full of music, magic fairies, ice sculptors and concerts… Fun times for the entire family. Meet with friends, chill out, have a drink, look at an astonishing landscape, discover the festive atmosphere, enjoy the excitement of the party and discover Val d'Isère by night for some wild experiences…DJ’s and Live Bands will carry you to the end of the night…As the sun rises, the gorgious mountains, the blue sky, the brightness of the snow and the fresh brisk air will beckon you to hurry back to your skis !
Highlights of the season
- First Tracks : Val d'Isère Opening
- Alpine Skiiing World Cup : Val d’Isère starts the season off in style with these ever spectacular FIS World Cup Ski races. Free access to all races and shows. A unique sporting event !
- Christmas: Every year, Val d'Isère celebrates Christmas in its own unique way with lots of entertainment for the entire family.
- Napoleons : First initiative in France aimed at actors and promoters of innovation and communication.
- Classicaval : Music lovers flock to see internationnally acclaimend musicians playing in the inspiring Saint-Bernard de Menthon Church.
- Frost Gun : The best freestyle skiers in Europe come to Val d’Isère
- Altigliss : The biggest European student skiing competition
- Winter Golf : A unique terrain awaits the golfers : with a course covered in sparkling snow organized by Philippe Guilhem.
- Scara : International Junior Alpine Ski Racing. Discover tomorrow’s Champions.
- Adventure & Discovery Film Festival : A dozen films compete for the awards. Exhibitions and debates with the producers and adventurers. Not to be missed ! More informations on www.valdisere.com